Sunday, May 17, 2009

Water Boarding Nancy Pelosi

When I run on the treadmill, I usually watch one of the cable news channels. That means I usually end up yelling at the screen at some point during the run because someone has said something stupid, or incredibly hard to believe. Case in point: Nancy Pelosi claiming she wasn't briefed on water boarding. The way I see it, water boarding is torture, but not much worse than tickling someone until they can't breath or holding someone to your butt while you fart. It is bad, and you feel like you are dying (you have to smell my farts to understand my analogy here), but there is no permanent damage. Anyway, I know in my heart of hearts that old Nancy knew about the water boarding and that she could have stopped it if she really wanted to. Hell, I knew about the water boarding, how can she say she didn't know. Even if she wasn't briefed, there was enough rumour out there that she could have summoned someone to brief her in detail. My disatisfaction with her is that she won't tell the truth. Hey Nancy! Why don't you just say, "Yes, I knew about it. I was even briefed. At the time, I didn't agree with it but had to weigh the best interests of the country against this persons human rights. After further consideration, I now think it was wrong and it should be stopped." Honesty just goes down so much better. Especially when you don't have reasonable, plausible deniability.

Sorry about the tirade. I see so many things on the tube that infuriate me during my runs, but rarely do they stick after I finished my run and get home to the computer. For some reason, this one did.

No comments: