Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ugly part of the job...

So tonight I had to go out with the team we are visiting and enjoy dinner with them. Unfortunately, the cultural part of the dinner includes drinking moonshine with the Vietnamese team members. I just got back from the dinner and it isn't even 9:00pm yet and I just feel really like crap. I didn't drink that much, not really... I don't think. But it sure is sticking to my stomach right now. I just wish I didn't have to do it...

The visit, otherwise, was good. I went on an investigation today in which we visited an incident location that a small recon team got ambushed and three of the four guys got whacked. The fourth guy managed to make it back, and it was his statement that we were investigating. Unfortunately, it was way to general to get it down to a location we can dig... that is in my honest opinion only. If some additional information comes to light, the powers that be (should that be capitalized?) will have to re-assess.

I can't hardly keep my eyes open now. I guess I need sleep.... see you in the morning. Night Night.

1 comment:

luksky said...

You must not have had too much "moonshine". You can still write coherently. :-)