Monday, May 11, 2009

New Tourist Passport for Megan

Megan has to get a new tourist passport today. I have been putting this off for a long time, not because I was procrastinating - something I do quite often - but because Megan has to take the morning off and Diep has to go with us to the consular section to apply. I had a really bad experience at the consular section with a local national not too long ago and now I really don't like to go over there. I guess I should tell the story of what happened, but quite honestly it would just get my blood boiling again, and I really don't want that. Just suffice it to say, if the lady who gave me the hard time got fired over it, I wouldn't feel the least bit of remorse.

Anyway, I got out Megan's old passport because I may have to show the old one when applying for the new one. She was just shy of three years old and cute as a button. I like her just fine now, but it sure does bring back the memories remembering when we took the picture and made the initial application. Things were really up in the air then and we were headlong heading back to the U.S. I had to leave first and it was a few months before we finished the paperwork for them. I hope we aren't separated that long as a family ever again.

Well, I better be off. I want to get this over with.

No comments: