Monday, May 18, 2009

The Toothpaste

It seems like all of my life I have dealth with this issue. The tube of toothpaste is nearly empty... some would say completely empty, but every time I think it will be time to throw the tube away I am able to squeeze out just enough for another brushing. A tube of toothpaste is very similar to the gas needle in the car. When it is full, it feels full for a very long time, but at some point just after it drops from full, it falls rapidly towards the empty line. The difference is, the tube of toothpaste will stay at empty and continue to provide output ad infinitum. At least it seems that way.

So I am struggling with whether to throw this tube of toothpaste away or not. I really should, because I have a new tube under the sink just begging to be opened. But, I just can't seem to make myself throw it away. This morning, seemingly empty of any paste it STILL poured forth. I can't stand it. I ain't cheap! I can afford toothpaste for sure. I just can't make myself do it.

Something tells me I have talked myself into throwing the tube away tonight. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. Having Euthanized my tube before it was due.

1 comment:

luksky said...

I think mom's frugality must have also rubbed off on you. :-)