Thursday, May 7, 2009

Diep is home

Diep returned yesterday and all was good with the world. She seems to have had a good time visiting her mother and siblings and contentment in her return. Of course, Megan and I missed her, but in another strange way didn't notice much that she was gone. Megan had several projects due this week for school and I was just exhausted from the things I was doing at work. We had our routine of coming home, Megan doing her homework and me taking timeout on the couch until later in the evening when some of our shows came on.

While Diep was gone I was able to start reading a little again. I started Bag of Bones written by Stephen King, but I wasn't able to finish it before she got back. Diep doesn't like me reading while she is around... I sort of get that, because reading is an individual activity. She would much rather me watch TV, no matter how mind-numbing the subject is on the tube.

I will have plenty of time in the near future to read. My schedule is pretty full with travel and being in some pretty boring provinces. TV on the road is often lacking, and it gives me good opportunity to read. Unfortunately, I sometimes get caught up doing dinner and a couple of beers with whoever it is I am traveling with, leaving precious little time to actually read.

No comments: