Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Last day before the madness

Today is the last day at the office before everyone gets back and things just sort of go mad. I have enjoyed the past three days, and even the passport application process went much better than I ever could have imagined. Megan will have a new tourist passport in 7 - 10 days. Of course, while I was there I was told I need to start the process for our new diplomatic passports that are do to expire in about 6 months. If it ain't one thing, it is the other.

The weather here in Hanoi is really flaky right now. This morning it was really cloudy and muggy when I went running. Then, when I got in the vehicle to come to work it was clearing up and by the time I got to work it was sunny out. A couple of hours later it was raining pretty heavy, but it has since stopped and the sun is peaking out again. The humidity is horrible right now... I just can't do a thing with my hair, so I got a haircut today. As short as it is now, it pretty much only does one thing... stick up!

I am starting to think about summer break a lot now. Since I have to work up until around 1 July, but Megan gets out of school in the middle of June, I think I will send Diep and Megan to Saigon to chill for about two weeks. We will meet up in Hanoi to fly out to the U.S. I suppose I will go to Mobile right off the bat, but I was looking at some places of entertainment we might be interested in. As cheesy at it sounds, I am looking at Dollywood in Pigeon Ford, Tennessee. Megan loves adrenaline rides and there are a couple of roller coasters I bet she would love there. I also saw an Armed Forces Network clip on indoor skydiving at Pigeon Ford. I KNOW Megan would love that. The whole skydiving thing without actually having to jump out of an airplane... and being able to do it at the tender age of 13! All of this is still on the drafting boards. I may have to add some other segments to the trip. I wouldn't mind going to Austin again, or some other place in the general vicinity. I would truly love to go to Colorado, but I am not sure what I would do there. Still some time to think about this.

No comments: