Thursday, March 19, 2009

Megan comes home today

Megan has been gone since Tuesday and she is scheduled to return today (Friday). I am sure Diep missed her more than I did because I was gone for a couple of her away days myself. It will be good to see her again and I think she will be glad to be home; if for no other reason than we have TV and common consumer appliances at home as opposed to the very stoic existence she experienced in Mai Chau Town, Hoa Binh Province.

The weather in Hanoi is warmer, but it is still in what seems like a perpetual overcast. Every day somewhat like the other. It is getting old. Where is the sun?

Despite the dreary weather, Diep and I went for a walk / run this morning. After every three inutes of walking, we would run for one minute. It is a basic technique to build up your strength and circulatory system to do longer periods of running and lesser periods of walking. It seems we never do enough days in a row to increase the running portion, but it is still something we can do in the morning. The exercise itself is well below my level of condition right now, but just moving around for 40 minutes before going to work gets the dopamine going and I do feel awake.

Next week is going to be busy! Not only next week, but even the week or two after that. I leave for Saigon on Sunday and return on Tuesday. On Wednesday we have a VIP arriving and she will stay until Friday. The following week I will be concentrating on reviewing maritime vocabulary as we have a big round of meeting that will go off soon after that. Then, the last part of the second week in April we have our round of technical discussions. The work up to that is pretty stressful because no one wants to screw up the schedule when a two-star admiral is in town. Before I know it we will be smack dab in the middle of summer.

No comments: