Friday, March 20, 2009

Diep and Megan to Saigon

Diep and Megan will leave for Saigon this morning. Diep was so excited she couldn't sleep well last night. Now she will be traveling and getting home without a good nights rest under her belt. I am just glad I won't be there for that fallout.

I will meet them both Sunday evening, because I am also heading down... the difference is I am working and they are not. I will be staying at the Sheraton, Saigon and hopefully I won't run into any snags with Diep staying with me for the two nights I am there.

On Tuesday morning I will fly to Pleiku, again, and try to get to the site we didn't get to the first time. It would be nice to get there and see what the team is doing there, but if we don't make it I won't be too broken up over it. We really have to get back to Hanoi by that time to receive our VIP from the U.S.

The weather in Hanoi is still pretty much sucking. I don't know how much longer it will be like this, but I will sure be glad when it changes. It is so humid that mold will grow on the walls and on your books if you don't keep the doors closed and AC on.

I found a charge on my credit card yesterday that I didn't recognize from an online game company. I don't play online games so I disputed the charge and was credited for the money that was charged. I asked the credit card company if I should get a new card issued and the lady responded that I should not. It appears the charge only happened once and she felt it could be a mistaken charge, and that there was no need to cancel the card and issue a new one. This online company has a few posts on it from google that indicate many people have been fraudulently charged for services they did not use. In fact, most of the posts were from people like me who had never even heard of them before the charge showed up. Hopefully this is the end of the fraud, but I will be watching my account closely from now on. This stuff really scares me, and makes my stomach uneasy.

Well, it is time to be off to greet the day...

No comments: