Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Khe Sanh and Lang Vei

I just got back from Khe Sanh and Lang Vei. Both of these locations were important to the Marines and Army during the Vietnam War. Today, I found them to be hot and a long way from where I started out. Nevertheless, the duty day is now over for me and I am at the Airport in Phu Bai (just outside of Hue City) waiting for my flight to Hanoi. It looks like we got an automatic upgrade in the seating again, but I won't be sure until I get on the airplane since I don't know what airframe we are flying back on.

Diep is home alone right now, since Megan is in Mai Chau, Hoa Binh Province with her class. Diep doesn't seem to fair well by herself so I am glad she only has to sleep alone one night. I miss her anyway, and I am glad to be heading home. Megan should be back some time on Friday.

I will go back to work in Hanoi at the regular time even though I won't be in until around 2300hrs. The price I pay...

The good news is I can get a wifi signal here at the airport, so I will check my email and get my internet fix before I get home. Cheers!

No comments: