Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heading for Hue

I am heading to Hue this afternoon. The good news is the trip is only two nights, and the bad news is that I have to wait at the Hue Airport on Wednesday for some time before flying back to Hanoi. Waiting in the airport is one thing, the other is that those last flights of the day are often delayed, making for a very long return home.

Though I am flying to Hue, I am actually accompanying another member of the Det to Dong Ha, Quang Tri. He will link up with a group and visit historical sites important to him and his brother Marines. The sites are pretty well-known and are not associated with any unaccounted-for individuals so they are less important to me. It might be interesting, however, to see the perspective of these gentlemen at the site.

The weekend went well, though it was short. I had already worked through the weekend prior and this weekend I missed Saturday morning so I could be at work for a Video Telephone Conference. The VTC, as we call it, was a pretty good waste of time for reasons I don't want to get into here and it has actually left me with a big feeling of dread.

Diep was in a great mood this weekend and I did feeling very relaxed while I was home. I didn't get up early enough to run on either Saturday or Sunday, but I did get to the gym and hit the treadmill. I keep gaining wait, slowly, and now I am at a point that I will have to make a concerted weight-loss effort in the near future. I am eating well and exercising regularly, but the sendetary life my job lends makes it difficult to burn the calories I gain throughout the day.

Heres to the beginning of another busy week...

No comments: