Monday, March 28, 2011

Wish there were more...

It has done nothing but rain for the last week and I have been couped up in this hotel for the better part of it.  With the exception of my six hour drive to Dong Hoi and back, I have spent precious little time anywhere else.  The temperatures are just low enough and the rain is just hard enough that I don't want anything to do with outside.  Hence the title, I wish there were more to report about.

About the only thing there is to say is that Diep is missing me.  Her way of missing me starts out by saying she wishes I was home last weekend so we could go on a motorbike ride together.  That statement in itself shows just how much she misses me.  If you remember a few posts back, I almost took her leg off on a motorbike and she vowed never to ride with me again... I guess the saying is right "absence does make the leg grow stronger!"

Anyway, that longing for me grew an ugly face, and now she is hating me for being away.  The hate comes from a lack of sleep because she thinks about me too much.  I really can't blame her, I am a great guy to be around, and I imagine a lot of people miss me when I am away from them.  Well, maybe that is a stretch, but I do wish there was something I could do to make her feel better.

I did ask her if she could meet me in Saigon when I head down there on Saturday.  She turned me down, but the week is still young.  I know it would only be one night together, but she could spend a lot of the weekend with her folks, too. After a one day job in Saigon, I head back to Danang, then to Dong Hoi again, then back to Danang and finally on 10 April I get back to Hanoi.  Whoosh, what a schedule!

In the meantime, I will just take it one day at a time...

No comments: