Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Like...

Sitting here at my desk with my computer in my tiny room that I will be living in for the next couple of weeks, I find myself doing quite a few things that I like...

I am drinking OeTTINGER Beer.  It is a naturally cloudy wheat beer that is probably more fattening than alcoholic, but it is loaded with flavor.  One beer is tasty, and the second - that I am on now - makes me happy.  I like it.

I am listening to my IPOD Classic.  Yes, an older IPOD that I am under-utilizing because it has 80GB of memory and I only have 1700 or so songs on it.  But... and this is a BIG BUTT, I have some great classics on it.  I find myself realizing that Peter Gabriel was a genius in the mid-eighties with his Sledgehammer and Shock the Monkey!  Of course, I have Matchbox 20, Tom Petty, Eminem, Annie Lennox, Blacked-eyed Peas, David Bowie, Styx, Rolling Stones, Cake, OffSpring and a myriad of other music to mix it up.  I can't sync my IPOD with my computer because I had to re-image my computer a while back and I would have to load up all of my CDs (yes I own all of the CDs of the music I listen to) on my computer again, or risk losing everything on my IPOD.  Yes, I like my IPOD and my music.

I like Google Reader.  Yes, the new Google Reader is a mash up of every cool site, article, graph and other computer generated items out on the internet now.  Try Google Reader Play. I like it.

I just finished loading up the photos I took today in Hue on Panoramio.com.  I get to geo-map them and let people I never met - who have more talent than I ever will - comment on them.  I like photography and Panoramio.

I finished reading my sister's blog.  She gave me a link and wrote about some things that made me feel weird because I never know how to feel when I remember things that make me wish I was 10 again.  I like my sister and her blog... Okay, I love my sister (...and my brother, because I just found out he reads this blog, too... and... he said he would mail me some Mardi Gras cups!!!.)

I like posting pictures on Facebook, even though I can't access it here in Hue.  I really enjoy reading the comments, but regret that I can't see what picture is getting the comment and not being able to respond because the commenter's email address is not included in the notification.  BUT, I still like reading the comments.

I like Hue because the people are friendly and not pretentious.  I just miss my family.  But, I still like Hue!

Well, I am running out of things I like... well, actually, just the beer, so I am out of here.

1 comment:

luksky said...

I love your playlist! Sounds like we have a lot of the same taste in music.

I'll have to check out the Google Reader...never heard of it until now.