Sunday, April 3, 2011

Leaving Saigon

I am here in Saigon after two nights at the Sheraton, waiting for time to tick by so I can check out and head to the airport.  All in all, it was a good trip. We did what we came here to do, and though the outcome wasn't what we may have wanted, at least it was definitive and the work is off the books.  I ate at three restaurants while I was here and took a quick walking tour of the city with my camera.  I also saw two movies here:  Faster with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and The Green Hornet.  Both of these movies were entertaining, but The Green Hornet was a little disappointing since it started out great and got bogged down towards the end.

The walk and photography was fine, I just wish the air quality had been better.  We were under this permanent haze that just took the color out of everything I tried to shoot.  I paid the equivalent of ten dollars to go up to an observation deck of a new building here in Saigon and was disappointed by the haziness of all of my photos... also, that I was completely surrounded by glass on the observation deck.  In retrospect, I think I would have foregone the ticket to the deck had I known I couldn't walk outside.

Now I am headed to Danang. Everything should get easier from here.  I will see Diep and Megan at the end of the week, and I am looking forward to that!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Your pics were still great, haze and all!