Thursday, April 23, 2009

One thing or another...

If it isn't one thing, then it is another. I am sitting here after lunch wanting to go to bed something awful, but I know I am just suffering a temporary bout of the after-lunch blues. I spent most of the morning working on gathering information related to my performance for the past six months to annotate in our performance packages that will be kept as part of the overall yearly rating scheme. It is pretty boring, and I am having a hard time keeping focused. As if the surge we have been going through for the past month and a half isn't enough, I am stuck trying to get this done in a day. The good news is tomorrow is Friday and all of this should be behind, or at the very worst, I will have residual tasks to take care of.

I talked to Dad this morning. He seemed happy to hear from me and I was equally happy to talk to him. Of course, everything seems to be going fine for him. I hope the only thing physically wrong with me by the time I hit his age of 72 (if, in fact, I do) is only foot spurs - or rather calcification on the heel. We talked a whole lot about practically nothing, but it was still all good. I really shouldn't have gone this month or so without calling him, but things were pretty tight here.

I neglected to mention in my recent past posts about my credit card being charged for online fee with an online company that I had never heard of. It is nuts, and I managed to sucessfully dispute the 20 dollar charge, but then I got another 50 dollar charge within the next week. The credit card company had let the first error go, but they made me change my credit card number the second time. I am not sure who got my number, but I suspect it happened after staying in the Bangkok Conrad Hotel. Of course, I have no proof, but I am pretty careful about where I use my card and it wasn't too long after my 5-star stay that the charge was posted. It is really frustrating, but it could be worse! Identity theft really scares me!

Megan turns 13 tomorrow. Dad sent her $25 so she has some spending money... of course, she always has spending money. If it was up to me, she would have a lot more, but Diep seems to have pretty strict standards on how much money Megan can carry around. At least she is never for real want of anything. Happy Birthday Megan!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Megan!