Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy Week

This will be a busy week... at least the first half. We have our Unit Commander here, a two-star admiral. She will be the principal in a meeting we have tomorrow. I will be her interpreter. There are a lot of potential issues that could lead into excited banter from both sides, which is never good for an interpreter. Wednesday is my shoot-for date. If I make it to Wednesday in one piece, I am gold for the rest of the month.

I put together the whole schedule from the admiral's arrival to departure, and so far things have gone relatively smooth. I hope this keeps up. It usually isn't the principal, but rather the entourage (who often believe they hold the same position in my heart as the principal) who causes great ass pain and consternation for me. As I said, the shoot-for date is Wednesday. If you don't see anything in the news about a USG employee going postal in Vietnam by then, figure I am doing fine!

No comments: