Saturday, April 18, 2009

Emergencies

Sorry if my blog yesterday rambled on a bit. I was trying to finish my entry and things just started popping everywhere. One emergency after another and I was the "go to" guy for it all. These were work emergencies, so they weren't "real" emergencies as we know them, but rather the emergencies of people who think I live to see to their each and every whim. Anyway, I was torn between editing and publishing the blog and seeing to the so called emergencies. The emergencies won, as I just pushed the publish post button and let her ride.

Anyway, today is Sunday and I am back at work. I actually came in to do something very specific that had to do with "me". Unfortunately, I got called off track more than once and now find myself writing this blog before I see to "me". The specific task I have to do will take a couple of uninterrupted hours and the "uninterrupted" part of that is very hard to come by. Therefore, I thought I would get this out before burying my head into this task.

Diep went out with some Thai friends last night. I stayed home with Megan because I am not big on going out and dancing and drinking, or whatever. Diep likes to dance and I suppose I should be concerned that someone would want to dance with her and show her more attention than I would appreciate. I give her enough credit not to worry about that, though I wish she would reciprocate and let me take a night off every now and then with the fellas. We do, from time to time, go out with each other, but I am usually pretty wiped out after the week to stay up too late. Last week we went to a happy hour at a US Embassy compound and stayed until about 11:00pm or later. I didn't feel well for the better part of my Saturday and I ended up feeling very much like I threw my Saturday away because of it. Had it been up to me, I would have left around 9ish and I would have felt much better the day after for it.

Megan's birthday is next weekend. She will be 13 and I guess she plans on having a couple of her friends over to spend the night. She will probably go shopping with them the following day. Sounds a lot easier than having to throw a party for her.

Other than that, everything is pretty normal. The day is nice out here in Hanoi. A truly rare occurance. Too bad I am stuck inside for the duration.

1 comment:

luksky said...

I'm an old stick in the mud these days too. O'well, at least I know how to stay out of trouble now.

Sorry your "your time" gets ruined. I know how hard that is to come by.