Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Travel Season Begins

Today I head to Danang for two days.  This is like a practice run for the real thing since I will be traveling consistently throughout March and into April.  As a matter of fact, I will be traveling right up through September.  By practice run, I mean I can make sure my baggage basic load is up to par.  There is nothing worse than being on the road for more than a couple of days without some essential item, and this practice run gives me an opportunity to check and make sure everything that needs to be in my bag is there.
 
Travel season is year round, but this break I get from December through February makes it feel like I have been in one place way too long!  Diep calls me a five star traveler, but she says it in a way that makes me feel dirty.  I don't know why I feel guilty, because she travels nearly as much as I do and her travel costs us money.  When I travel, I actually spend less than my per diem, or daily allowance.
 
As a matter of fact, Diep and Megan will be heading down to Saigon to attend the wedding of her niece as I head to Danang.  She has been antsy to go somewhere because she has been in Hanoi for nearly a whole two months now.  Her mother broke her leg a couple of weeks ago, so this is a good opportunity to visit her mother and go to the wedding. 
 
We were eating at our favorite Japanese restaurant when I told Megan about her grandmother breaking her leg.  I should have waited until after we finished eating, or even when we got back home because Megan started sobbing after I told her.  That is one sensitive little girl!
 
The weather in Hanoi has been cold and wet for the past week, so I have no regrets about leaving today!  When it rains here, people forget how to drive.  Traffic bogs down and it takes forever to get anywhere!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Yes, I have to say that Diep should be grateful for having a hubby like you who doesn't mind her traveling, spending money, and doing exactly as she pleases. She's one lucky wife in my opinion. :-)

I guess Megan must get the sensitivity issue from her Aunt Laura...