Saturday, February 12, 2011

Disappointing Weekend Weather

The weather all during the week last week gave me hope that the weather would continue to be mild through to Spring and into the Summer.  Unfortunately, starting on Friday night the rain and cold front moved in.  Yesterday wasn't too bad, but it definitely wasn't what I was looking forward to after the great weather on Thursday and Friday.

Now I sit here in the house not even wanting to go outside.  I went to eat chicken phở this morning with Diep and got convinced today was not for me.  I came back and took a nap while listening to music in the bedroom.  Sleepy Sunday morning!

I believe today is the official last day of Tet (10 days).  That means the streets should clear up around the temples where people have been going to pray.  The Vietnamese definitely know how to pray!  They pray for money, happiness and success.  It must work too, because I see an awful lot of Mercedes, BMWs, Bentleys and Lexi (plural for Lexus) parked outside of the temples.

It really wouldn't surprise me if the weather cleared up on Monday. Maybe I should go to the temple and pray?!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Hmmmm....your post makes me want to try my hand at praying...