Thursday, December 9, 2010

Senior moment?... Maybe.

So, I was sitting here at my desk thinking about working - but only thinking about it - when I saw a picture of this guy on MSN.  I recognized that he was familiar right away, and then, just a few synapsis later I realized he is the Vice President of the United States.  What occured to me, however, was that I could not for the life of me remember his name.  Granted, it was only about 30 seconds that I couldn't remember his name, but still...

So, I find myself wondering if I couldn't remember his name because I was having a "senior moment" or if it was because he has been out of the news for such a long time.  I should have remembered his name anyway, because I spoke to him ever so briefly when he visited our office in Vietnam a few years ago.  Looking back in the recent past, we have had a couple of VP's who were equally unworthy of remembering.  I suspected Dick Cheny actually died in office and nobody announced it for a while, but then he showed up again after Obama got elected.  You couldn't forget Al Gore because he has been so busy saving the world and declaring the sky is falling, plus that whole failed Presidential bid... or did he fail?  Before Gore was Quayle, and if anyone was worthy of getting forgotten, well, it was that guy.  So, then I get into the way-back machine with Mr. Peabody (remember that?) and travel back in time to Reagan's presidency... at first I had forgotten that Bush Senior was the VP under Reagan, but I think that would have been easy to figure out if I were more lucid at this moment (I was impatient and Googled it). I am guessing under Carter was Mondale...and a quick Google search proves I am right.  Under Ford?? Nelson Rockefellar... not lying when I say I would have never gotten that one.  Nixon is easy because Ford had to take over when he was fired, ahem, impeached.

So, it appears the beanie is working well enough, except... I couldn't remember the CURRENT Vice President.  Geesh!  If you are still trying to remember, he is Joe Biden.

Happy Friday to all! 

1 comment:

luksky said...

LOVE the header pic!! Oh, and as far as political figures I could have told you very few of them but I did remember Biden.