Monday, December 13, 2010

Mail arrived yesterday

Pouch mail comes in every Monday.  We have two types of mail here and the pouch mail is the mail that is sent to a U.S. address and then by pouch (courier) to Vietnam.  I only use the pouch mail when I can't get something shipped to my DPO addess (which is a USPS stateside address).

It just so happens that Megan's new Panasonic G2 SLR camera could not be shipped by USPS so I elected to send it via pouch.  I thought for sure it would arrive yesterday, but it didn't. I was a little disappointed, and she was greatly disappointed.  That means she will not get her camera until after Christmas when she comes back from vacation.  She will survive, but she was really looking forward to taking her new camera on vacation.

I still have a few things to do before we leave on vacation.  Work items, that is.  I will still end up leaving before some major events take place at the office, but they were last minute pop-up things and I am not going to feel bad about it, because someone else should have planned better.

Personally, I would much rather take a vacation at home because, a. it is cheaper, and b. it is relaxing.  Unfortunately, this whole trip is NOT about me.

Diep lost her wedding ring.  Not sure if it got taken by someone in the house (i.e. maid), or if she just misplaced it.  It was the first ring I gave her, and though smaller, was a very good quality princess-cut diamond. I hope it shows up, but I am not counting on it.  It really makes Diep sad.  But at least she still has the bigger one.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Awwww..poor Meg. Well, atleast she has something to look forward to...even though I know she would have loved to be making her new camera useful on vacation.

Maybe the ring will show up. I thought for sure when I lost mom's I would never see it again but then found it a week later.

Try to have fun on vacation and I want plenty of updates.