Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Computer - Part 2

Okay, I gave up.  All I can guess is the Recovery files on the partition are FUBAR and I can't get Windows 7 to load from scratch at all.  I sent NewEgg a note asking to return the system for replacement, but it is still Sunday back in the U.S. and I am waiting for a reply.  If I can't work a replacement system, I will probably try to load Ubuntu Operating System (http://www.ubuntu.com/ ) onto it, or buy a fresh copy of Windows 7.  Maybe in that order... or I may just stick with Ubuntu.  I like the idea of paying nothing for an operating system that is not as susceptible to virus attacks.  All of this is contingent on whether there are system hardware issues or not.  If there are hardware issues, that complicates things a bit.  Any way you look at it, it is frustrating!

Other than that, it is Monday and I am at work... how could it get any worse?!

1 comment:

luksky said...

Even though I had no earthly idea what you were talking about, I empathize with your computer woes. Good Luck....