Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Long Time, No Post

This has probably been one of the longer periods of time I have gone without posting to this blog.  I have plenty of excuses, but fortunately, it is my blog and I don't need any excuses for not updating it.  Quite frankly, Facebook is probably one of the biggest reasons my blog has gone by the wayside... it allows me to catch up and post small blurbs, sating my need to express myself.

Nevertheless, I feel I owe it to my sister, if no one else, to keep the blog going, at least from time to time.  Since I don't remember the last time I posted to this blog and I am too lazy to go back and check, I will start from my most freshest memories (at my age, memories aren't that fresh anymore).

The biggest memorable event that has taken place in the recent past is the move.  We moved from a nice, roomy  apartment with a spectacular lake view to a smaller apartment with a lesser view.  That being said, it has been good for us in general and me in particular.  The last apartment was not a serviced apartment, meaning Diep had to do a lot of the cleaning (she wouldn't have had to if she hadn't have fired the maid).  This apartment, on the other hand, is a serviced apartment which means fresh towels every day and new linen every week.  The management staff has been more amenable to Diep's requests, also.  That means less work for me and less complaining that I have to listen to.  As far as the view, we can see the nice pool, but have to take a short walk to the lake.  Even so, we are in a better location affording short walks to local restaurants, if we want.

Unfortunately, work these days has kept me busy and away from home.  I have been all over the country and just got a reprieve.  I will be home for the next couple of weeks, and the only travel in the near future is our in-country travel for the Christmas break.

Things at work are much less stressful since August and I don't see any big problems looming in the future.  A stress free work environment is always good.

So that about catches me up.  I started a Vietnamese language blog to document some of the odd news articles and language peculiarities that I notice, but I am not sure how long that will last.  These things interest me, but not always to the point that I will keep track of it on a blog.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Thanks for appeasing me with your blog. For whatever reason I find your posts always intriguing. :-)