Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

So, when I came home on Friday, things went back to normal.  Not sure where the craziness came from, nor do I know where it went, but for now it is gone. And for that I am thankful.

Saturday and Sunday went by quickly.  I have been working a lot, so having both days off was quite a luxury.  I had told Diep we would go wherever she wanted to eat on Sunday for Mother's Day, but she picked a restaurant that we eat at fairly regularly on the weekend, the Quan An Ngon (translated "Delicious Restaurant"):

Diep and Megan on Mother's Day - 2010


Roasted bird on the plate

The food was good, as usual, but the weather has gotten dramatically hotter in the past two weeks, making it hard to eat comfortably in this outdoor restaurant.  Maybe it was just me, because the restaurant was crowded and no one else seemed to have a problem (except Megan).

Megan and I were going to give Diep a piece of jewelry for Mother's Day, but we are bad at picking out the specific keepsake she would like, so we just gave her money to buy a piece that she likes.  This may seem impersonal, but it is better than getting her something she doesn't want... and she seemed okay with it.

Today, I have to give two briefings to visiting military groups.  I haven't done this in a long time because both of our leaders at the moment really enjoy doing this.  Unfortunately, they both went to Danang to see the advance team into the country, leaving me to do the task. I don't mind doing it, I suppose, but it was funny having the deputy tell me how to do it, considering I had been doing it so regularly for the 6 years before he showed up.  Anyway, the briefing will get in the way of any other productivity I may have had planned earlier.

1 comment:

luksky said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the header pic of Diep and Megan! I prefer buying my own jewelry also...I guess it's just a woman thing. :-)