Sunday, May 16, 2010

Arghh...

This weekend started out pretty good. On Saturday, Megan and I went out to the office to start our 3D model project.  The weather was crappy, but we had a pretty good father/daughter session.

After we got home, we all went out to eat and had a good lunch at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants.  After that, Megan rode her bicycle to a friends house for a sleepover, and Diep and I spent some time together.  Since Megan stayed overnight, Diep and I had the morning to ourselves as well. 

Everything went fine until this afternoon and then the bottom fell out of my weekend.  First of all, Diep got this wild hair up her ass about me being able to access her computer.  First of all, I want to say that I just as soon not have access to her computer, but I have to fix things from time to time - not to mention the oft times she calls me over to help her accomplish some task on it.  Anyway, it started small when her friend sent her a facebook invitation.  She couldn't figure out why she couldn't see the pictures of other members that she knew that were embedded in the invitation.  I explained to her that FB was blocked in Vietnam and that was why the pictures wouldn't download.  I also said that I can't even use it right now.  Apparently, she didn't believe me and got mad at my perceived deception.  I saw the writing on the wall and just got up from the table and went to the office... my place of solice.

So while I am at the office going over my emails that I got on Saturday, I see that a certain member of my office that I have had disputes with in the past, decided to send a barb at me in the guise good office humor.  He attacked my Vietnamese language ability which is pretty laughable since there aren't too many people that can do my job as well as I can.  Even funnier is that he can't speak any Vietnamese to know one way or the other.  There were a couple of back and forths, as he was responding from his PDA, when I realized that there were other unintended recipients on the CC line, and I just stopped.  I probably would have just blown it off in the first place, but I was a little pissed off about the domestic situation and wasn't feeling like taking it from work and home.  No doubt I will have to deal with this tomorrow morning.  It just kills me because I have intentionally handled this guy with kid gloves because of an alleged disrespect that I started.  In fact, I never said the thing I was accused of saying to disrespect this guy, but he doesn't believe me and has had this chip on his shoulder ever since.

I guess life is just like this sometimes. Things could be worse I guess... When I got home Diep was already over it.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Some people...tsk tsk tsk. I hate that feeling of being trapped in a corner with no escape from torturous people...especially when you are trying your best to escape them. Glad Diep was atleast over it by the time you got home. :-)