Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting back to normal...

That whole thing that happened Sunday was so weird.  The guy who started the little tet-a-tet, no doubt, has been emboldened by his soon departure from this post.  As much of a rock (as in stupid, not hard) as he is, I can't help but to think he was trying to pull me into a battle where he could take my emails and set them in front of his replacement to show him what an asshole I am.  Just the thought of that is enough to temper me in my future dealings.  I handled the last round fairly well by bowing out and stating the audience was too large to be "kidding" around like we were.  I must have shamed him to some degree because he wouldn't even look me in the eye yesterday...  Anyway, I am well over it and now I am moving on with the "thousand" things I have to do before I head to the US on vacation.

I leave for Danang tomorrow and things will start picking up very quickly from there.  Things will culminate with the end of the field activity toward the end of June and just after that I will head for Hawaii to take a Security + training course.  After looking into the course and the exam, I figure I could proably just study my book and take the exam here in Vietnam at a vendor school, but that wouldn't be much fun.  If I have to recertify or even if I have to take another exam, i.e. Network +, I might just do the book study and take the exam straight up.  That is all dependent on how easy or hard the exam is this time around.  Anyway, whether I pass the exam or not, I head back to the U.S. just a few days after that.  Three days of much needed vacation!

I talked to Dad today.  He seems to be doing well... except for the brace he has on his foot from a partially torn tendon.  I asked him whether the doctor would get mad about all the grease and oil he has on it (from working on his cars) when he goes back to get a check up.  He said for the $175 he paid for the brace, he doesn't give a shit what the doctor says.  You go Dad!

Diep's birthday is on 20 May.  I will be in Danang, but I have already promised to do something for her birthday when I get back.  That would be Friday night... or we might put it off until Saturday.

That is about it for now.  After I wrote what I did at the top of this blog, I find myself wondering if anyone other than my sister reads this thing.  It could prove to be uncomfortable if it is a bigger audience than I think... Oh well!

1 comment:

luksky said...

I think you are one of the few faithful audience members I have also...or anyone that matters anyway.