Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Photo-Mapping

I started usinng my panoramio account a couple of weeks ago and really dig it. It allows me to post my pictures and then map them.  Google reviews the photos and places selected ones in Google Earth.  These photos can be viewed in the appropriate locations when the user checks the photos box in the layers pane.

These photos can also be viewed by accessing directly to my panoramio account: 

http://www.panoramio.com/user/buddynewell

I only regret that I didn't start mapping my photos a long time ago... I would have quite a collection if I did.  It would be way too hard to find the locations of some of my better photos in some pretty remote locations, but I think I have some pretty good photos left in me just waiting to get out.

1 comment:

luksky said...

That is soooooo cool. I wish you were here to show me how to do that!!