Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Megan's Camera Arrived

As previously noted, I ordered Megan a Panasonic G2 4/3 SLR.  I ordered it off Amazon.com, and without going into too much detail I had some issues with the method of shipment pertaining to the lithium battery and the package was delayed.  The camera was supposed to arrive around 10 December, but I didn't get it until yesterday.

Megan had wanted this camera so bad, and for so long, that it was really painful for her to have to wait for nearly two months before getting her Christmas present.  She had just told me last week that she was going to stop asking me if her camera came because it made her feel too bad to think about it.

When I got home from work, Megan was at her friend's house so I placed some I-tunes gift cards that also came in the mail on her computer keyboard and I placed the camera behind her laptop screen.  When she came into her room, I pointed out the gift cards and also reminded her that she should close the lid on her laptop if she wasn't using it to prevent dust from gathering on the screen.  She gave me the look (the one that all teenage girls give their fathers when they are told what to do) and then closed the lid.  Holy Cow! She burst into tears that rivaled the hysterics on the fat ladies on The Price is Right.  She spent most of the rest of the evening playing with it. I am just glad it came in working order.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Yay for Megan!!!!!!!...and what a cool dad she has. :-)