Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tet - Vietnamese Lunar New Year

Just a couple more days and the Vietnamese will be in a New Lunar Year - The Year of the Tiger. This only means to me that I have been enduring tons of traffic on the streets as the Vietnamese populace prepares for this festive occasion that they liken to Christmas, New Years and Easer all rolled into one. What a pain in the ass!

Diep and Megan leave tonight for Saigon. They will be there for a week as I stay in Hanoi trying to catch up on some unfinished work.

I talked to Dad on Skype today. I sure hope I am as healthy as he is when I reach 73. I believe my genes are more maternal than paternal, however, leaving me with a much abbreviated lifespan.

This year has had a decent start for me. Lots of time to get ready for what is to come ahead. I will be on the move quite a bit in the latter part of February and into March. I had a couple of New Year resolutions that I have been trying to stick to. I am doing generally well, but the whole "being nice to people" and have a "generally cheery attitude" just isn't going well. Being nice to people just leaves me open to getting stepped on or rolled over, and the cheery attitude is fine, but just isn't my style. I may try to stick with it for a little longer, but I ain't sure people are noticing anyway... so what's the point.

I know this is a short post, but who knows, maybe it is a sign of more posts to come.

Cheers...

1 comment:

luksky said...

Well, I hope it is a sign of more post to come!!! I miss your "humor" Matter of fact, I was lmao imagining you trying to be nice and cheery. :-)