Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sitting at home...

So, here I am sitting at home on the last day of the lunar new year. Quite honestly, the lunar new year has no meaning to me anymore than Halloween. I am not a farmer and I don't much care when the planting season starts. Nevertheless, there is something quite lonely about being in the house with no one else here while the outside weather is nothing short of dismal. Of course, three days ago we enjoyed some of the best spring weather I have seen in a long time in Hanoi, but then everything changed yesterday... temps dropped into the mid-50s and now this non-rain mist is all over the place. Yeah, I know mid-50s is not really cold, but it ain't shorts weather either!

Yesterday, I loaded up Windows 7 on Megan's computer. I took extra joy in it since she pooped the upgrade and, as she was exiting the house yesterday, asked me if I could un-poop it. This is after she refused my initial offer to help her upgrade her system. She even punctuated the refusal with the "I am a pretty good IT gurl" and mentioned that I had to refresh my computer because I couldn't un-poop it after it started acting up. I was really hoping she would read the instructions and do it the way it was supposed to work, but it looks like she just put in the disc and started it... omitting some very important steps. Anyway, it gave me an opportunity to check out the new operating system... and it made me happy that I have already ordered an upgrade for my system. In short, I like Windows 7.

I ordered a large pizza that should get me through the next couple of days. Most restaurants will be closed and even those that will be open will have very limited working hours. I am stocked up and ready to ride it out. Tomorrow will be fun because there won't be anyone on the streets at all. I always like the first day of the lunar new year in Vietnam. I feel like omega man!

No comments: