Sunday, February 14, 2010

Mindless Meandering

Yesterday was not the omega man experience I had hoped for. There were more people and beeping cars on the street that I wanted on my run around West Lake. Of course, this link will show you the relative quiet of the streets compared to a normal day's traffic:

http://vnexpress.net/GL/Xa-hoi/2010/02/3BA18D10/

As you can see by the pictures, the weather sucked. After the run, I stayed in for the rest of the day. I really wanted to get out and take some photos with my digital SLR but I wasn't willing to take a risk of ruining the camera in the mist. Plus, it would be hard to get a really nice picture in this crap weather. It just doesn't feel festive.

I am battling my inner self to take a ride out to work and work out at the office. I think Iwill win the fight, but I am not sure how long it will take to muster the energy. I slept in for the past three days, something I hardly ever do, but I feel like I really needed it. If nothing else, this weather is great for sleeping in!

I spent most of last night loading up patches and new programs on Megan's computer. I really like Windows 7 and look forward to getting my copy. Since Megan had already torqued up her upgrade, I was able to use her computer as the guinea pig and even reloaded Windows 7 a second time to make sure I got the order straight on it. She still has a little work to do on it, but I took the bear's share of the work on myself.

After finishing this post, I can't help but to think this is mindless meandering. The funny thing is, throughout the day things will happen that I will think would be great things to post about, but inevitably I will forget about them, unable to recall any aspect of it. I do remember a couple of weeks ago I thought I would start doing a picture blog... where I would go out and take pictures at some point during the week and choose one to write about at the end of the week, both satisfying my wish to take more pictures and explain a little more about life here in Vietnam. Unfortunately, the weather has intervened. I am even afraid to take out my little point and shoot camera for fear of ruining it right now.

Oh well...

1 comment:

luksky said...

I am drumming my fingers waiting on the picture blog of your life in Nam..

I also understand the sleeping in. During the warmer months I am a very early riser. With this crappy cold weather I don't want to do anything but hibernate..