Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last official day of Tet

Today is the third and last official day of Tet - the Vietnamese Lunar New Year. Since the lunar new year's eve was on Sunday, the Vietnamese will be taking Thursday off as well, but from a tradition point of view, this will be the last day of festivities. That means the restaurants and stores will start opening tomorrow. That's good because I am getting tired of eating pizza.

The Vietnamese that work in our office and the US Embassy will be off until next Monday because the ambassador gave them Friday as well. Good for them... I guess.

Yesterday was pretty boring at work. Only me and the boss. As much as I don't like to be over worked, I hate boring. I just felt cold all day yesterday, too. I couldn't seem to warm up. Today is even colder than yesterday outside. I will dress a little warmer to try and offset the cold.

The weather wouldn't bother me so much except that two days before Tet the weather was beautiful. I was even thinking about taking a swim after work before the weather got cold again. I guess my thought is that this far into the year once the weather started to warm up it would stay that way. I really hate the feeling that we escaped the winter only to have it come and bite us in the ass so late in the game. Oh well...

1 comment:

luksky said...

I am counting the days down until Spring.