Wednesday, April 14, 2010

She said...

One of Diep's friends from when we first met came to Hanoi today.  Diep knew about this a few days ago and had made plans to have dinner with her friends and "husband."  I was given the choice of whether I wanted to go or not and in the end I let Diep make the decision yesterday when she told me it was better that I stay home because I have to go to work the next day.  That was fine with me... I was looking forward to spending a relaxing evening with Megan and hitting the hay early.  So, it was a little distressing for me when I came home from work today to find out I was, in fact, going out with Diep, her friend, and her friend's husband - who just happens to be Italian and speaks very little English.

It ends up the evening went okay and I came home a little earlier than everyone else.  I just hate that whole thing of a plan having been made and then it changing the next day.  For example, I wouldn't have gotten up at 4:30am had I known that I would be going out tonight.  Anyway, all is well that ends well.

Unfortunately, now we are scheduled for dinner with these friends on Friday.  There goes my free time...

No comments: