Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Heading to Saigon Today

Through my travels with the office, I earn points on the national carrier, Vietnam Airlines.  After 40,000 points a member qualifies for free round trip travel to Saigon, among other places.  So, I am taking advantage of this time to meet up with Diep and Megan.  Diep seems to feel that she and Megan have to travel every time Megan has time off from school, and Megan's school takes from 1- 2 weeks off every change of season (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter) all have an associated break.  That is a lot of off time, so I try to join them when I can.

Since Diep is already in Saigon, I was able to hang out with the fellas at the office after hours.  The office has a bar that is maintained by the administrative NCO.  I had a couple of beers, ate a little pizza and then came home... pretty tame, but it was nice to hang out.  Unfortunately, when your work is your life the coversation tends to center around work, and that is something that I wasn't really into last night.  I left a little earlier than everyone else, but I usually do that anyway.

No comments: