Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On the road again...

I have been on the road significantly for the past couple of weeks and, after a brief time in Hanoi, I will be heading out again tomorrow. I missed the last two weekends to work and it looks like I will miss the next one as well. The upside is that traveling is easier than working because it is mostly sitting down and waiting for the next form of transportation to pick you up, move you, or drop you off. My time in the office is a little more hectic because I find myself trying to catch up on all the things that have gone by the wayside while I was gone. Getting it done isn't so much the problem as prioritizing and remembering what needs to be done.

I just got back from Danang two days ago. Diep had stopped by and stayed with me for the night at the Furama Resort on her way down to Saigon. Megan, too, was not in Hanoi because her class took a road trip to Hoi An and Hue from 8 - 12 March. She was very excited about taking this trip with her class, and I imagine she suffered a little anxiety when her mother boarded the same airplane she was on going to Danang... unannounced. Diep didn't plan it that way, but they managed to get on the same flight. Too funny!

So today and tomorrow will be pretty busy getting ready for the trip and then getting on the road for the next ten days. In a way, I am looking forward to it, but the other part of me dreads not being able to follow everything that is going on.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Now that is funny Diep unexpectedly being on the same plane as Meg. I don't who was probably more surprised!!

I really do miss you lately. I think I am fiening (sp?) for my extended family lately....