Sunday, March 28, 2010

Amazing Race Asia

I figure everyone knows what Amazing Race is.  There is also a show on the AXN channel here in Asia called the Amazing Race Asia.  They are accepting applications for the newest show right now.

Diep told me I should apply for us to play... I have an emphatic two word answer to that:  NO WAY! 

Diep used to trust me in all of our travels. Now she sits back and waits for me to make a mistake so she can take shots at me.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20.  If she were making the decisions, we would be worse off... I know this firsthand. As far as my mistakes go, my favorites are when we get off an airplane in an unknown part of an airport terminal.  You have two choices in general: turn right, or turn left.  There is a 50 per cent chance that I will head in the right direction, but I always look for a screen to tell me which gate and terminal my next flight boards at, so even if I go the wrong way, it isn't more than 50 meters. She will give me hell on those mistakes (if you even consider them mistakes), even though I appreciate stretching my legs after a long flight.  There is no way I would let her berate me on TV like that.  The list goes on and on why I wouldn't go on that show with Diep.  I saw an American and his Philippino wife on that show one year... the guy was in tears before it was over.  I would have been in some Singaporean jail if it had been me suffering the abuses he had gone through.

Today is Monday.  One day of work and then I am off again.  This time, taking a two day walk to a field site and then to Saigon for a day before heading back to Hanoi on Saturday.  Could be an interesting week.

No comments: