Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gecko Poop...

Diep and Megan just left for Saigon a couple of hours ago. I am sure I will miss them, but for now I am calculating in my head how much time I can spend on things I like to do, like read and just kick around in the house all by myself.

Yesteday, Diep put out some sticky paper to catch - or more accurately, to kill - the geckos in the house. I really don't agree with the idea of killing geckos in the house, but I find it hard to argue with her because they just poop everywhere. So, anyway, the traps were out last night and she only got one silverfish. Apparently the geckos are onto her nefarious ways.

Diep is gone now and I was seriously considering putting the sticky paper away. The reason is twofold: 1) I don't like killing geckos, and 2) I don't like cleaning up dead geckos. As it is, I inadvertently did all by myself what Diep couldn't do with the paper... I killed a gecko. I actually still feel bad about it. I had left something upstairs and bounded up the stairs two at a time coming down with the full force of the ball of my foot ontop of the gecko. I literally squished the shit out of him. The worst part was that he was still alive when I inspected the mess... eyes and guts all popped out and still squirming around. If I were a selfish person I would say it wasn't my day. Of course, deep down I realize it just wasn't the geckos day.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Poor gecko...ya'll don't have huge cockroaches with all the humidity there???