Friday, June 26, 2009

Back from my whirlwind tour

Yesterday I flew from Danang back to Hanoi. Diep was actually in Danang with me for a couple of days, but I was really busy there and didn't get to take full advantage of the "us" time. Diep went back to Saigon a half hour after I left for Hanoi and will come back to Hanoi with Megan tomorrow night. As selfish as it sounds, I really enjoy time with just me. Even when I go on trips, inevitably I am taking care of someone else and can't just stick to my own schedule.

Just before I left for my trip, my earplugs came in. I tried them out in Danang and they allow me to swim with little discomfort. My ears still ring a little more after I finish swimming than before I get in the pool, but I don't have the water that stays in the ear and that is good. Unfortunetely, I won't be able to get in a swimming groove before I go back to the US. I will have to start all over again when I get back to Hanoi. That is okay, I think as long as I don't let myself go as much as I did a few years ago, I can get back into shape fairly quick.

Since Megan didn't come to Dananag, I only got to see her briefly in Saigon at a cafe. She seemed fairly happy and I am sure she enjoyed Saigon more than sharing a room with Diep and I in Danang, but I sure do miss her.

I am really excited about going back to the States this time and I feel like we are pretty well set economically for this trip. I have a generous budget and think we can all have a great time without busting it!

1 comment:

luksky said...

I hope everything goes well when you go "home". I am excited for you and hope that you get to enjoy yourself and not have to do much "tending". I will miss you though....