Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cold

I don't know what to really call it. It is really just watery eyes, runny nose and sniffles. It started yesterday morning, mildly enough with just a twinge of a sore throat. That went away, thank goodness, but the watery eyes and runny nose are driving me mad. I still remember Papaw Luke sitting out on our front stoop with a single strand of watery mucous hanging from the tip of his nose, and me wondering how that could be and him not know it, at all! Well, now I know. Actually, I can still feel the end of my nose and I think I could recognize the weight of a mucous strand hanging, but not as well as I used to. It was so bad yesterday, that I just let it drip for a while. It wasn't any more than water from my eyes, and no one was looking. I just got tired of sniffing and blowing my nose. I know, TMI.

I went to bed early last night and I feel considerably better now (I think I had a low grade fever last night, too!) But, today I have to leave for some work down in central Vietnam and the added physiological stress of flying may just kick me into stage two rather than going to dormancy. I can't not go on this trip, because there are too many details that only I know and I don't have time to write it down. I will just have to suffer. Of course, Diep thinks I am going to have a grand time away from the rigours of home life. If only she knew!

Unfortunately, this trip is going to take me through the weekend without a break and I have to keep it kickin' starting Monday next week. I really need this upcoming break!

1 comment:

luksky said...

I don't remember that about Pawpaw Luke. I only remember being enthralled with the smoke from his cigarette...

Dose yourself up with Tylenol or Ibupropin. Nobody can feel anything when they are on
drugs. :-)