Thursday, September 15, 2011

She Left Me

      My wife has gone and left me again.  Not in a good way, she will be back in a couple of days.  She has a project going on in Saigon and has spent more time there than here in Hanoi in the last two months.
      Megan and I have been left to our own devices, which more literally translated means we will be eating pizza and drinking Coke for the next couple of days. Megan drinking Coke is my fault because I pointed out the 47 calories per 100 ml written on the side of the can.  He rmother had her believing that a can of Coke was host to a legion of calories. I truly hope I haven't derailed Megan's diet plans, but I don't think a Coke every week or two is going to make that much difference in her overall caloric intake.
      It has rained every day since I returned from Danang last week.  I don't mind the rain too much, but the dirt and mud mixed with untold bacteria on the streets has put a temporary halt to my morning runs.  Too bad, because I was whipped quite soundly by my co-worker and fellow Alabamian when we ran in Danang.  I find myself still stinging and the only way to right this wrong is to get some road work in.
      I have a couple of big projects coming up and the end of the year is right around the corner. I have Megan thinking aobut what she wants for Christmas already because it may take some time to get whatever she wants back to Vietnam. Of course, I haven't dismissed the possibility of being stateside this Christmas season.

1 comment:

luksky said...

I would think that if I left Toby and Summer home alone for a few days they would think of it as a vacation!!...and so would I...

Love the header pic!!!