Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Up 'Til The Last Minute

Friday is my first day of vacation.  I feel like I have been needing this time off for a long time and I was hoping I could relax the work tempo a little before I left the office.  I at least wanted to get all of the work that I had in arrears completed before I started my leave.  The problem with taking leave with all of my projects done is that it seems there is always a new project thrust upon me before I finish the last.  A never ending work cycle that will be there even long after I am gone... well, maybe not that dramatic, but close.  Anyway, barring any major catastrophe today, I may be able to leave in relative peace.  I will still have to make the car rental reservations and figure out our other plans at the last minute, but at least I can rest assured all of the work waiting for me when I get back is new work.

Megan wants to test for her learner's permit this time back. I will let her give it a try and see what happens.  She has been looking at the book, but she seems a little confused on what to actually study.  She asked me what she could expect on the test and I could only answer that it has been 30 years since I took the test and I had no idea.

I still have no idea what we will do for fun back home.  Obviously shopping is at the top of someone's list, but I do think a little trip to somewhere in the region for recreation is in order.  I always tell myself I will set aside some time for fishing, but I never get to do that because I am constantly chauffeuring everyone else around. No big deal, just not stressing at work should be vacation enough.

1 comment:

Simona said...

I think Waterville is a must...and also become a follower on my blog! It`s great to see you guys!