Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Checking in!

After a couple of weeks, I figured it was time to check in.  I think I mentioned that Diep went to Nha Trang with her mother, sister-in-law and nephew.  Diep liked it so much that she decided to extend her stay and let Megan go down as soon as school let out last Friday.  Megan flew down by herself on Friday, and I flew down on Saturday with a colleague to take care of some work.  Diep got to stay with me for her last two nights in Nha Trang at the Sheraton while a myriad of her relatives and friends stayed in a cheaper hotel down the street.  The Sheraton in Nha Trang is beautiful; probably one of the nicest Sheraton's in Vietnam.

But, alas, all good things come to an end.  Diep flew back to Hanoi on Monday, and I flew to Pleiku.  My travel took all day thanks to a five hour layover in Danang.  By the time I got to Pleiku, I was hot, sticky and a little irritable.  A decent night's sleep put me in a better disposition on Tuesday and I was off to work again.  We finished what we were doing by noon and I had some coordination I had to do back at the hotel.  Now, it is Wednesday and we have to wait all day for ou 2130hrs flight out of Pleiku back to Danang.  I could work on reports and maybe get a workout in before I have to check out at 1400hrs, but I still have to hang out until 2000hrs before I leave for the airport.  I do believe it will be a pretty boring day. I am lucky in one respect, however.  This time of year in Pleiku is the rainy season, and though it has rained, we haven't been deluged with all day rain so far... for that, I am grateful.

I got out a little while in Pleiku yesterday: Hit the market, and had some broken rice and pork chops.  Didn't take any pictures, though.  I didn't expect anything to catch my eye, and then I walked by the park to see adults and children flying upwards of fifty kites on that windy day. Right now it is cloudy, but if things clear up and the kites come out again, I may have to dust the camera off.

Due to unexpected difficulties, work may be a little slow in Danang.  That will give me a chance to get a couple of good runs and swims in.  I could use the exercise.

2 comments:

luksky said...

Love the new header pic!!! What kind of flower is that??

Buddy said...

I believe it is a common morning glory, sis.