Friday, June 18, 2010

Heading to Hawaii

Today is my last day in Hanoi. Tonight I will get on an airplane bound for Hawaii for a week of Security Plus training.  I can’t imagine the training will be that tough, so it will be some time that I can relax a little.  Unfortunately, my driver’s license is expired so I can’t rent a car.  The good news is that the training location is less than a mile from the hotel I will be staying at.

This is all coming after a fairly stressful last couple of weeks.  I was responsible for putting together two important visits for high level people who came to see our sites.  That along with the myriad of other tasks I have during a field activity.  It isn’t that any one thing is hard, just that dropping one of a hundred parts of a visit can lead to a bad impression.  It was complicated by the fact that I was tasked with my own responsibilities in other areas making me remote control a lot of what I was doing.

Diep and Megan are in Saigon and I know Diep is thinking about taking Megan to Cambodia for a visit to Phnom Penh.  Megan has a school mate who left last year for the Cambodian Capital and she is looking forward to reuniting for a little while.

My home leave is drawing near quickly.  I will be gone during an important time at the office, but those events did not get put on the calendar until after I had already arranged my trip.  Fact is, there is never a good time to take leave in this job. I won’t let the things I am going to miss affect my good time at home, though.

1 comment:

luksky said...

We are looking sooooo forward to your visit to the states!!!!!!!