Monday, April 8, 2013

Tax Time

Mom always said it, and she was right. I am a procrastinator.  I guess she started to get suspicious when I would wait until the last weekend before a school project was due to sit down and write a 20 page paper and build my project.  Forget about the fact that we had been given three months notice on the project... I just couldn't be bothered.  I would like to attribute my procrastination to some higher level of cognizance on my part. Something like, "Why do this project, I could die in some unforeseen accident before it is due and then I would have wasted the few weeks I had left in this life on something that didn't matter!"  Unfortunately, in all honesty, that isn't the reason.  In all likelihood, it is for two reasons: 1) I am lazy, and 2) I am pretty good when put under pressure to get something done.  Take it for what you will.

Anyway, I have a lot going on right now, and though I had planned on getting my taxes put out last weekend, it just didn't happen.  That means I am getting it all together today... a Monday, and the first day of the last week I have to get my taxes in. I leave for the field on 13 April, so this is it.  No biggie, really, TaxCut makes things easy and I don't expect any hiccups, though I will be writing a big fat check to Alabama and Washington for the savings bonds I cashed in.  This, right before our furlough... if that ever happens. The feds have already started pushing back my furlough days.

Today is Monday and I took the day off.  Mostly because I worked on Saturday and didn't need anymore comp time in the bank.  Diep and I enjoyed the morning well enough (part of my procrastination plan). We dusted off one of the Yoga DVDs that I bought a couple of years ago, moved the furniture in the living room, rolled out our Yoga mats and did Yoga for about an hour.  It went a lot better than I expected, though I was surprised how much strength it took to hold some of the poses, i.e. downward dog.  I was also surprised at how tight I was in the shoulders.  Our little session went so well, in fact, that I think we will try to do this three times a week.

After Yoga, we went downtown and ate Thai food.  It was a pleasant morning. Diep stayed downtown while I came back to to what I had been putting off. I was waiting for the update to download so I thought I would get a quick post in.  This is it. The download is complete. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

luksky said...

I used to bad at procrastinating myself, but over the years I have found that there is less stress in my life if I just bite the bullet and get the drudgery of whatever it may be from the start. That said, my taxes are still sitting on the desk waiting for final touches before I mail them off so maybe I haven't improved as much as I would like to think I have.

Toby enjoys Yoga and I have tried to do it with him before but the slow pace of it tends to bore me after about 10 minutes. You are right though it does require a good bit of strength!!