Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year 2013

If the first 10 days of the New Year are any indication of things to come in 2013, I will be traveling a lot. I already know this to be true just looking at my schedule up into March this year.  Being away from the family that much means that I will have to spend more quality time when I am home or with them.  If that means spending more money for them to meet me some place, I am good with that.

Right now, I am in Hawaii. I know, I know, there are those out there thinking Wow!, Hawaii.  Wish I was there.  Maybe so, and quite honestly I am enjoying the training I am getting right now, but I haven't been out on the town much. I have taken advantage of the early morning hours, though. I have been running since I got here and plan on keeping it up until I leave. Whether I keep running when I get to Hanoi or move into a new fitness program is yet to be seen, but I do plan on keeping something going. Since I exercise quite a bit already, I think I will need to focus more this year on my diet.  Hard to do that here in Hawaii, but I already have a plan for when I get back home.  If that is a new year's resolution, fine. Hopefully my enthusiasm lasts longer than usual when it comes to new year inititatives.

Upon my arrival into Honolulu, I promptly left my IPAD in the airline seat pocket in front of me. I had already cleared immigration, gotten my baggage, boarded the rental car and was bound for the hotel before I realized I had left it. I told my two traveling companions and didn't plan on going back to the airport to look for it, but they were supportive and suggested I give it a try. It took no more than 15 minutes to have it back in my hands.  I must say, my faith in the human race is restored. Seeing a significant pay cut due to increased social security withholdings at the beginning of the year left me praying I didn't have to buy a new IPAD. Many thanks to Korean Airlines and the aircraft cleaning crew for doing the right thing. I seriously doubt I would have ever seen my IPAD again had I left it in a seat pocket arriving in Hanoi.

Regrettably, I didn't get a clean break from 2012. I still have a bit of a rocky road to go in the early part of 2013. Not sure when things will get better, but in the meantime, I will put my head down and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. As long as I don't stop, I don't think I will fall down. 

1 comment:

luksky said...

wow! losing track of something as expensive as an Ipad is scary! I'm glad you got it back easily.

Hawaii does sound like a wonderful place to be but for whatever reason I never had much of a desire to go there. Not because I don't think it's a beautiful place but mostly because of the large span of the Pacific ocean I would have to cross to get to it...lol.