Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Feeling inspired...

I believe my sister's inspiration is contagious. I see that she has posted several blog entries in the last couple of weeks on her site and she has inspired me to want to do the same. Unfortunately, where the spirit goes the mind does not always follow.  That is to say, my inspiration will be in the mere form of a lowly sitrep. I attribute this lack of real spirit to jet lag.

Sunday, I got on a plane and traveled East, stopping briefly in Seoul and then continuing on across the International Date Line to the Island of Oahu.  I felt upgrade-fortunate because I was upgraded to business class from Hanoi to Seoul, my colleague and traveling partner was upgraded in auto rental (he is now my Chevy Malibu Chauffeur) and then when I arrived at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, I received an upgrade to the Rainbow Tower (which, by the way, has nothing to do with alternative lifestyle choices).  

I will be in meetings all week and leave on Saturday. I arrive in Hanoi Sunday night and leave again on Wednesday for a couple of weeks in Mobile, visiting Dad.  Megan will be traveling with me while Diep takes care of some things in her hometown of Saigon.  Megan will also take a detour to DC to see her friend for a couple of days. This will be her first independent trip in the U.S. and I think she is pretty excited. I am excited for her because I know in my heart her life adventure will blossom this year.  The choices she makes in the next few years will drive her the rest of her life and the excitement of those decisions and experiences is powerful. 

I had some back pain the past couple of weeks that has left me tender in my core region. From what I have read, I believe I have experienced sciatica.  I believe this is pretty prevalent in men my age... especially when they refuse to act their age in the gym and on the road.  I believe I brought it on with over exuberance in a new program I had and this time traveling will make it easier for me to take it easy.  I will begin anew next year in January and hopefully reach new heights.  As much as I have denied myself, I believe I will have to concentrate on my diet more than exercise next year if I want to stay pain free.  Walking around with an extra 20 pounds on me, no matter how otherwise fit I am is not good and I have to do something about it.

I am not sure how often I will update during the holiday season.  So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

No comments: