Saturday, January 18, 2020

Obstacles

In the interest of making semi-regular updates, I am back again, and still working on the resolutions.  It's funny that the older I get, the quicker time flies and the more things get in the way of what I want to accomplish.  My meaning is, I have been working on my three main resolutions, but the holidays seem to never want to end. I go from Christmas, to New Years, and now I am on the cusp of the Vietnamese Lunar New Year - Tet, which is a big deal here.  My biggest challenge is getting a routine, and that seems nearly impossible with the work and holiday travel schedule I have.  I tried to wriggle my way out of the Lunar New Year travel, but I failed... miserably. If there is any victory, it is in that I only will be away from home for three days.  That travel starts next week.

Due to work and other pressing requirements,  I have only had three days off in the month of January.  I have been working on Sundays and Saturdays, week dependent, and I am starving for some real weekend time.

As much as I love the public library, I already have a lesson learned... Don't bite off more than I can choose. With the 21 day borrow policy, I don't want to take a chance that I won't be able to extend my borrow. I had to turn in my last book halfway through it, and that was mostly because I was trying to get through three books at one time.  It's hard to settle down to just one book, but I think my new rule will have to be one audio and one digital book at a time.  Otherwise, I will be returning books unfinished, and then waiting for them to be finished by someone else before I can get back to it.

My exercise plans aren't too bad off, I am managing to get closer to my goals, and I hope after the Lunar New Year, I can focus more on that.  I started running in the mornings, but the increase in traffic as early as 5am due to the New Year preparations here have forced me to move it indoors to the elyptical and treadmill.

Since my online course resolution is more long range, I find myself falling a little behind, but I think that will pick up soon.

Other than that, Diep, Megan and I are working on our travel plans. We are working on a July or October return to Mobile, but hoping to make a detour to the Austin area to visit my sister.  Still working out the details, but looking forward to getting back stateside near family, if just for a little while... with travel still relatively far in the future. 

No comments: