Sunday, April 26, 2015

Old Age and Intolerance

First of all, I want to apologize for the long time between posts. I have been super busy and really haven't had the time to sit down and write.

Anyway, this is the first weekend I have had in a long time that I could just sort of relax.  I went into the office yesterday, but didn't get much accomplished. I did get on the treadmill before leaving and managed to run over six miles, which is the first time in a VERY long time I have done that distance.

It was precisely because of that six miles that I decided to take today off. I have been lazing around the apartment nearly all day. Diep is in Cambodia - Pnom Penh to be exact - and that leaves me in a very interesting position. The one where I can do whatever I want, or don't want.

So sitting around all day, I posted a couple of photos to facebook and mosied around to some of the friends sites of whom I have unfollowed.  You see, I had this phase that I went through a couple of years ago where I either requested or was requested friendship with those certain peoples whom I don't necessarily share the same values or opinions.  It was a bungled project, I realize now.  The fact is, the older I get, the less tolerant of other's opinions I am. I guess I am just so set in my ways and I have thought things out enough that "new" ideas and opinions just annoy me. Am I wrong? Perhaps.  But, that doesn't mean I should read every idea or opinion someone has and just have to swallow it. In my mind, if I read something so backwards from the way I feel on a news feed, I am tacitly agreeing with it if I don't rebuttal.  This of course, is not reality, just what I am thinking.  So rather than refute everything I disagree with, I just unfollow people. It has worked out generally well, but with the elections coming up, I don't think I will be able to stymie every idiot opinion going through the news feed. Yes, it is likely I will be closing my FB account soon for at least a long little while.  As far as those accounts I mosied to, nothing has changed, I didn't un-unfollow anyone.

If you are a FB friend reading this, I assure you that I haven't unfollowed you;-)

Just so everyone doesn't think I am a bigger a-hole than I really am, I would like to emphasize that I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't want that infringing on my right to not know what that opinion is.

On a happier note, my daughter is returning to Hanoi over the Summer break. I love her very much and have missed her equally so. Being able to call her on a regular basis has eased the pain of separation, but I will be most pleased to have her back under the same roof. Even if I will have to wear pants in the house for three months!

1 comment:

JackJohnson said...

Dental Services in Viet Nam

Welcome to Dental Clinics in Vietnam, We offer the best dental services in Vietnam. We have the expert dentistry in

Vietnam for treatment to your teeth and making your Beautiful smile.

to get more -http://dentalclinicsvietnam.com/