Saturday, May 26, 2012

Back out on the road

I am heading back out on the road again tomorrow just as Diep is heading back to Hanoi. We won't even get to see each other as we are coming and going. A little sad, really. I was in Danang on her birthday and due to a series of unfortunate events I didn't get a chance to wish her a happy birthday before she called me up with a crisis that flustered me so much I didn't even think about it until much later in the day... At which time it was much, much too late, as one would well imagine. I talked to Diep on the phone today and it would appear all is forgiven, but I still feel quite a bit of guilt about the whole thing.

Megan, who was the source of the crisis when I was in Danang, is off to a prom tonight. The theme is Hollywood prom night and I find myself wondering if, after it is all over, she and her friends had more fun getting ready for the event, or the actual prom itself. I took a few pictures of Megan and her friends before they left:

Megan all snazzy!

Ciara, My and Megan

I am typing this post on my new iPad 2. Something I am not sure I really had permission to buy, but a toy I have enjoyed immensely in my few days of ownership. I am experiencing a little trouble with the typing, but overall, I would rank it very high on the "fun" scale. This will be much easier to carry around than my personal laptop, along with my office laptop that I almost have to take with me to take care of the work I do.

So, tomorrow I will fly to Quang Binh Province, visit a couple of sites in that area and then move south by road to Danang City where we will finish up our site visits. I won't be back in the office until next Friday. Good news is, for now, I am scheduled to have both Saturday and Sunday off after the trip. That should make up for working this Sunday and Memorial Day.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Megan is absolutely beautiful!! And I'm not just saying that because she is my niece..I mean it. :-)