Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rolling into the Holidays

I spent the last couple of days in Bangkok trying to get some requirements fulfilled. I managed to take my Defense Language Proficiency Test for the Vietnamese language and scored at the highest level the test rates at.  This is good news since my job requires it... talk about pressure.

Next week, Megan is out of school for winter break and shortly after we will begin a few days vacation in Saigon and Bangkok. It should be fun, but I will be stressed trying to keep spending down.  I will try to stay in a merry spirit, nevertheless.

Other than that, things trudge along as usual.  Next year will be interesting with the run up to the 2012 election. It seems more people than usual will be following the candidates with so much on the line for the country.  Hopefully we make the right decision, but with everyone so caught up in the parties, I would like to see someone come out who just wants to do the right thing.

I know, I know.  Wish in one hand and spit in the other. See which one fills up faster.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments: