Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Today is the second day of my lazy weekend.  I feel like I wasted this morning because it was totally beautiful and I just stayed in the house. I thought about getting Diep to go for a walk with me, but I could tell that she wasn't into it... and, it is Mother's Day.  Diep doesn't seem to want to do anything until after Megan gets up, and she gets up late in comparison to us.

Yesterday, I took the opportunity to go for a walk with my camera while the maid cleaned the house. I hate hanging around in the house while the maid is cleaning.  I mostly can't stand the noise that the vacuum cleaner makes. The pictures were nothing special, but I did try to capture some of everyday Hanoi activity.

The weekend wasn't a total waste, though.  Diep and I went to the Press Club on Friday night and she had a great time.  Even I enjoyed the evening a little, and I am not much for going out to clubs and bars at night.  I am usually so tired by Friday night that I would just rather laze around the house.  I am much more likely to want to do something on Saturday night, but that isn't the way things work around here.

Megan seemingly had a great weekend. She went running and then to lunch with one of her classmates and then she rode around West Lake on her bicycle with another.  She was also thoughtful enough to give her mother a card for Mother's Day.

1 comment:

luksky said...

Interesting...I find that I try to do as much as I can while Summer is sleeping. I do grocery shopping and other household errands and Toby and I do our morning walk the dog before Summer gets up. The mornings before Summer gets up is the only peace we have in our household...